David García Echave (Palma de Mallorca 1972)
Illustrator and film director based in Senegal.
Collaborator of the newspaper Planeta Futuro-EL PAÍS, África Mundi among other media.
I started in the illustration because of the need to communicate, to transmit emotions, to narrate the world from a critical perspective. Over the years, I have been learning based on unlearning and simplifying my vision. The illustration allows me to speak without words and to bring the outlook to its rightful place as a listening system. During the creative process of creating simple images about complex contexts, life experiences and reality always end up nourishing my images.
- “IN THEIREYES”
Comic- storyboarding video ” REALITY CUTS MELIKE A KNIFE “. A safe migration for children. INTERNATIONAL MIGRANTS DAY. Published in:
- “THEY ARE THE CHANGE”
Story of rural women in Senegal, Gambia and Guinea Bissau. Published in EL PAÍS- Planeta Futuro 2016.
- “WISHES DESCALZOS”
Whatarethe street children claiming to the world? From Mexico to Bolivia heart barefoot children ask their wishes to aworld map ball. Published in EL PAÍS- Planeta Futuro, 2016.
- “PAPER JOURNEY”
Texts and travel notebooks’ drawings drawn in the streets of West Africa, Latin America, Egypt, Tanzania and Zanzibar. Human portrait of everyday magical realism. Published in the magazine Ethic, 2016.
- “EUROPE, THE NAME OF MY DREAM”
The right to a future, for which thousands of Africans are risking their lives. Published in EL PAÍS- Planeta Futuro, 2016.
- “THE ILLUSTRATOROF HUMAN STORIES»
Places where others see underdevelopment, arethe best of humanity. Published in EL PAÍS- Planeta Futuro, 2014.
Awareness campaign against COVID-19.
Communication in Wolof language, articulated through a series of illustrations by Lusmore Dauda created in different formats (video, animations and posters) and with the graphic design of Elisa Armas. An initiative of GAEC-AFRICA (Action Group and Study Criticism) / OIAF Observatory of imperialisms in Francophone Africa and l’UGB (professors and students of the Gastón Berger University) Saint-Louis, (Senegal). Year: 2020.
VIDEO CLIP OF ANIMATION
- “REALITY CUTS ME LIKE A KNIFE”
Artist: FREDDY FAADA / Production: THINK Zik /
Direction, script and production: LUSMORE DAUDA /
Edition: OVIDIO VEGA / Duration: 4’28 / Year: 2020.
- “ESPERANZA” (Color Humano), 2010.
- “LES MANS FAN” (Tugores), 2003.
- “NOIR C’EST NOIR” (Manos Tristes), 2001.
- “BURUNDANGA” (Color Humano), 2000.
- “COMETE LA VIDA” (Color Humano), 1999.
- “COLOR” (Color Humano), 1998.
- “UN DESEO LLAMADO REALIDAD”. 55′, 2009.
- “CORAZON DE MAPA”. 38′, 2003.
- “UNIVERSO LUSMORE”. 43′ 2001.
Script and shared realization with Cristina Mora.
Production: “Nit Temáticas” BTV.
- “DOMADOR DE SOMBRAS”. 12´,2005.
- “LLORANDO SUEÑOS”. 10´,1996.
- “THE ILLUSTRATOR OF HUMAN STORIES »
- FETE CULTURES ET DIVERSITE Dakar (Senegal), 2019.
- FESTIVAL RYTHMES ET FORMES DU MONDE Toubab Dialaw (Senegal), 2017.
- FESTI-KOLDA, Kolda (Senegal), 2017.
- ALLIANCE FRANÇAISE of ZIGUINCHOR (Senegal), 2016.
- FESTIVAL DU SAHEL Lompoul (Senegal), 2015.
- FESTIVAL XEEX- AFRICAN ART COLOR- YATAAL.
Creating murals within the XEEX Festival and the project Color Africa in collaboration with the Association Yataal Art. Barrio de la Medina, Dakar 2017-2018.
- BIENNIAL DAK’ART 2012.
“MON QUARTIER, C’EST LE MONDE” EXPOSITION D’ART DE RUE, Quartier Medina Damels- Dakar (Senegal), 2012.
PRESS ILLUSTRATION en EL PAÍS – Planeta Futuro
- “Eyes that do not see …” The 10 humanitarian crises that are less talked about, 20-02. 2020. With the following articles;
- “Talismans against submachine guns in the Madagascar jungle”, by Laura Feal.
- GIRL’S DAY; “A coral against child exploitation”, by José Pablo Díaz
- CHILD MORTALITY; “If you are born in the Central African Republic, you have a 2,500% more chance of dying in childhood than in Cuba” by Patricia Peiró.
- “Masáis in Kenya: evicted by the climate crisis and renewables” by Txell Escolà.
- “The Kenyan miracle” by Pablo Manzano Baena.
- “The activist who got Kenya to stop using plastic bags” by Oscar Gelis Pons.
- “All the books of the school on mobile” by María Álvaro Navarro.
- “The glaciers of Kenya melt” by Tiziana Trotta.
- “The African people who will genetically modify mosquitoes to fight malaria” by Hidde Boersma.
- “The country to which trans pride finally arrived” by Juan Luis Rod and Ana López García.
- “The water is running out of Lake Chad” by Cristina Mastrandrea.
- “The Nigerian who wants to save Lake Chad” by Belén Hernández.
- “Lake Chad or the perfect humanitarian storm” by José Naranjo.
- “The common future of a continent”
article by Alberto G. Palomo. 11/30/2019.
- “Why is the return of emigrants from Europe creating problems for Gambia?” article by Judith Altrogge and Franzisca Zanker. 25.11. 2019.
- “Agenda 2030: Rhetoric or real change?”,article by Maria Gonzales Lopez, 2018.
- “Manifesto of more than 100 lawyers for an environmental global pact”, article by Laurent Fabius, 2018.
- “The time of African Metamorphosis”, article by Jose Naranjo, 2018.
- “I give my body for one euro”, article GEMMA SOLÉS I COLL, 2018.
- “How to tell the great challenges of the Earth today”, article by Lola Huete Machado, 2018.
- “The brace of theSustainable Development Goals”, article by J. M. Perez and Vega, 2018.
- “The Agenda 2030 demands a more flexible Parliament “, article by JAVIER PÉREZ AND MARY VEGA, 2018.
- “The game of appearances”, article by Jose Antonio Alonso / Expert Network, 2018.
- What does the undertaking of the new MasterCooperation Plan expect? Article Opinion / Expert Network, 2018.
- Is a Master Plan for our international cooperation needed? Article of José María Vera (OI) , 2018.
- “Surfingthe convoy”, articleby Fernando Garcia Casas, 2018.
- “The 1% of the population earns twice more income than the poorest 50% in the world”, article ALEJANDRA ACUTE, 2018.
- “This headline is a disaster”, article LOLA HUETE MACHADO, 2018.
- “Public cooperation in the era of Sustainable Development Goals”, article by Tobias Jung Altrogge (FIIAPP), 2017.
- “The fuel that kills thousands of babies every year in Nigeria”, article by David Soler Crespo (NCID), 2017.
- “Spain ignores the global agenda for sustainable development”, article by Alejandra Agudo, 2017.
- “Tales from the front row of humanitarian work”, article on September 8 – DAY OF COOPERATING, 2017.
- “The three effects that the reception of refugeescauses in the economies of the countries that receive them”, article Network experts, S. Campe / R. Zuhr (SEEK Development), 2017.
- “The Hindu octogenarian who has saved millions of raindrops”, article by Monica Pelliccia and Daniela Frechero, 2017.
- “The agony of indigenous peoples”, article by D. Cerqueira 2017.
- “Mexico: the women tortured of the Number 16”, article by Esteban Beltran (AI), 2017.
- “Migrationsummit in New York“, article Gonzalo Fanjul, 2016.
- “Meat, markets and malnourished”, article by Martin Caparros; for a special of PLANET FUTURE Will I eat today?, 2016.
- “Kill for killing”, article by Miguel Forcat, 2016.
- “The report of the forgotten”, article by Juan León García, 2016.
- “Preventive diplomacy in response to thecrises in the Mediterranean”, article by Magdy Martínez, 2016.
- “Babies killed in South Africa”, article Lola Hierro, 2016.
- “Do we act or are we still waiting?”, article Juantxo Lopez de Uralde (EQUO).
- “Bridles and papers, the shame of the European Union”, article by Andrew R. Amayuelas (CONGDE), 2016.
- “Do not believe everything they say about the MDGs”, article Jan Vandemoortele, 2016.
- “We already have 17 goals for sustainable development”, article by Alejandra Agudo, 2016.
- “When fear is chasing you”, article by V. Castillo ENTRECULTURAS, 2016.
- “The database of the bodies found in the Mediterranean”, research paper COUNTRY, 2016.
- “Development cooperation only sneak”, article Leire Pajin, 2016.
- “The three defeats of the Spanish Cooperation”, article Gonzalo Fanjul, 2016.
- “Strategic and effective”, article by Gonzalo Robles, 2016.
- “A knowledge – based cooperation”, article by Beatriz Novales (AECID), 2016.
- “Tasks for a legislature”, article by Jose Antonio Alonso, 2016.
- “For a united and sustainable world”, article Mercedez Ruiz (CONGDE), 2016.
- “A crucial moment”, article by Lourdes Benavides (Oxfam Intermón), 2016.
- 7MAGAZINE : Cover Illustration for Number. Barcelona, 2015.
- BATONGA magazine: “STRICTLY WORLD” Home No. 11. Barcelona, 2000.
- EKINTZA ZUZENAN magazine: Double color cover number 25. Ed EZK Bilbao, 1999.
- IRALKA Kultur Elkartea Ed: Cover and illustrations for a thematic issue on the war. San Sebastián, 1996.
- COLOR HUMANO music group (1999-2010): covers for CD series and singles– Madibá, Ed Kasba Music. 2010.
– Todos hijos(single), Ed Kasba Music, 2010.
– Limite du possible (single), Ed Kasba Music, 2010.
– Guapa (Single), Ed Edel-Music, 1999
– Comete la vida (single), Ed Edel Music, 1999.
– Burundanga (single), Ed Edel Music, 1999.
– Burundanga, Ed Edel Music, 1999.
– Hambre de vida, Ed Tralla Records, 1997.
- LOVE AND RAGE (México).
- NN (Netherlands).
- UN (Italy).
- OPEN EYE (London).
- THE WORLD (Baleares).
- GUILLOTINE (México).
- EKINTZA ZUZENA (Bilbao).
- LETTER A (Barcelona).
- IRALKA (San Sebastián).
- BATONGA (Barcelona).
- BEST ILLUSTRATOR IN THE EXHIBITION OF COMICS, Tarrasa, 1995.
- SHORT FILM: “LLORANDO SUEÑOS”
First prize Contest video of Leoia, Bizcaia, 1996.
First prize, Exhibition Felanitx, Mallorca, 1996.
Second prizeVideo Award Villa Renteria, 1996.
- CENTRUM VORR GRAFIEK FRANS MASEREEL Belgium, 1996.
- PILAR AND JOAN MIRÓ FOUNDATION. Palma de Mallorca, 1997. (Project” ESPERANTO VISUAL”).
- TRES LUCES – TROIS LUMIERES – THREE LIGHTS
Scale model of book collecting chronologically Lusmore Dauda’s work, developed over more than 20 years (1990-2012). Unpublished works and assignments made for magazine covers, posters, catalogs, CDs, travel books, bookplates, postcards and logos. Barcelona, 2012.
- EDITION (Lusmore Productions)
– Creative Energy, 1992.
– Under a scorching sun, 1992.
– Atrophied consciences, 1993.
– Against war, 1993.
– Human misery, 1993.
– Europe 1994.
– Insubordination, 1994.
– In Their Eyes, 1994.
– Between pain and hope, 1994.